Felt that coming. Oh well. *
by KLav18 (2016-11-11 21:55:57)

This user did not provide content for this post

Nobody on back post and nobody staying with Marquez...
by Slotts  (2016-11-11 22:02:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and a good second half goes down the drain.

Seems to happen a lot. *
by KLav18  (2016-11-11 22:03:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All started with a silly foul by Jozy
by IndyDave  (2016-11-11 22:12:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That corner came off a free kick set up by Jozy trying to run through a guy passing the ball backwards 50 yards from the goal on the sideline. Just a really bad foul.

Combine that with Klinsman's constant tinkering with formations, etc and it is a very frustrating loss setting up a long stressful hex...

And Jozzy let Marquez have a free header
by creideahm  (2016-11-11 22:29:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just lack of organization all day. I like Pulisic though. He's gonna be great for the US

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not crazy about Jones...
by Slotts  (2016-11-11 22:11:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

am I missing something?

Not in the least. Guy is terrible. *
by prophetofdoom  (2016-11-12 14:38:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think there are bigger issues
by IrishCavan  (2016-11-11 22:22:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. Klinsmann playing 3 back to start the game was idiotic.
2. Bradley is either really good or really bad. Tonight he was really bad. That seems to be the case more often lately. The problem is that we rely on him way too much.
3. Fabian Johnson had a few nice plays but was not very good overall.

On the plus side, I am excited to see Wood and Pulisic out there; and Brooks was good.

Bradley has become a middle class Beckerman
by Irish 01  (2016-11-11 23:23:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see him in the MLS so I can't speak to his performance there, but ever since his superb play in the previous WCQ, he's been mediocre. He use to be a box to box guy that annoyed the ball handler. He was creative with the ball and showed great vision and awareness.

Now he doesn't seem to have the legs to get up and down. He lacks creativity and is more likely to spill an errant pass than find an open lane to set a guy up for a shot. He's still a workhorse, but perhaps past his prime and in need of a lesser, say Jermaine Jones-like role.

I think this team need to learn how to play without Jones.
by Skip Encarnacion  (2016-11-12 01:31:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's tough, but I do not think he makes those around him better. Having him in the middle makes for inconsistent play.

Who knows what's going on with Nagbe, and maybe he's not good enough. But we we have a real black hole in he middle.

Understand, just commenting on Jones in a general sense....
by Slotts  (2016-11-11 22:27:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not just tonight.

Yeah, my post was non responsive.
by IrishCavan  (2016-11-11 22:42:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used it for a place to vent. Sorry for that...Jones was not healthy and didn't play well.

He shouldn't have played 90 minutes.
by NDBass  (2016-11-11 22:38:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he was relatively fine for 60-65 minutes. I think he had to stay on because JK decided to play a keeper with an iffy groin. It predictably failed, so he had to sub Guzan.

In a general sense, I think Jones adds a much needed toughness dimension. I just don't think he and Bradley can ever consistently put together 90 minutes together. Bradley took the cake on assedness tonight.