Both of the soccer teams are out of the ACC
by DakotaDomer (2016-11-07 06:37:12)

What's next for each team? When are the selection shows for NCAA and where will each team land if they're invited?

Women's Pairings Announced Tonight
by FIGHTINGIRISHRADIO  (2016-11-07 22:25:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND is a 2 seed - one of seven ACC teams in the 64 team field. West Virginia is the top seed in ND's bracket. Duke is the 3 seed and UCLA the 4 seed.

ND plays Southern Illinois Edwardsburg at home Friday night.

All 7 ACC teams top 3 seeded, Big 10 got 8 teams, only 1
by Domerduck  (2016-11-08 07:34:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seeded, #4 Minnesota. Seven unseeded Big 10 schools made it including Michigan who is ranked 49 RPI. The early win against ND when Olmstead was out must have got them in.

I don't understand how committee believes ACC has 7 of the top 12 programs in the country but none of the lower programs who have to play all those 7 can sniff the tournament. I would have expected Va Tech (RPI 39) and/or NC State (RPI 45) to have made it. The following Big 10/12/SEC invitees had worse resumes: Texas Tech (RPI 42), Missouri (RPI 44), Michigan (RPI 49), Oklahoma State (RPI 55), and Texas A&M (RPI 57). I am not sure how the politics work here but maybe the ACC traded the high seeds (and more home games) to let the other conferences get more teams in. It just doesn't seem fair.

Texas A&M is now in the SEC.
by vitadulcedospes  (2016-11-08 09:30:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if that makes a difference, though.

I said "Big10/12/SEC with worse resumes", A&M and Missouri
by Domerduck  (2016-11-08 10:53:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are both now in the SEC, Tex Tech and OK State are Big12, and Michigan Big 10 were worse than those 2 ACC teams. None of them are as good as Va Tech and NC State who had a much tougher row to hoe and the RPI bore that out. In fact Va Tech (11-5-3) had a better record than all of them and NC State at 10-8-1 was at par, beat NC and played us tough in the 1st round of the ACC tournament.

The ACC and PAC12 were the only truly difficult conferences top to bottom and they were the only ones that had several elite teams on the top, especially the ACC. The lower teams in their conference beat each other up and have difficulties getting results against the top teams in the conference. The PAC12 bottom 6 weren't deserving. Stiil the ACC definitely should have had those 2 more teams in. I would have dropped A&M and OK State.

ND Women a 2 seed *
by FIGHTINGIRISHRADIO  (2016-11-07 22:25:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Conference tourneys end on Sunday.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-11-07 18:26:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe the at-large teams and brackets are announced on Monday.