Whom is to blame...
by DakotaDomer (2024-04-26 16:17:42)

that we are set to experience yet another Manchester Derby for the FA Cup Final?

It's not like these are 2 world-beating teams that are naturally poised to end the season battling it out...

FFP investigation continuing to drag on.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-04-27 09:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A local paper this morning says there should be something being announced by the end of October.

Why is that?
by dwjm3  (2024-04-27 11:03:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You aren’t under the faulty assumption that City is going to get relegated are you?

No, and I may have made a bad assumption originally.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-04-29 05:53:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am wondering if the FA would do anything should anything be found. Does the FA ever block teams from the FA Cup for violations?

(Sorry for late reply - was out of town.)

They're waiting to see how much City will win by.
by NDBass  (2024-04-27 11:50:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then they can deduct the amount of points that still allows them to finish one point clear. Either that or they're mostly inept like just about every other league when it comes to stuff like this.

My conspiracy side says they're waiting for the funds to clear.

I think they did it for the same reason they docked Everton
by dwjm3  (2024-04-27 13:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

points.
They knew the independent regulator legislation was moving through parliament and they wanted to demonstrate they could self-regulate. Probably not enough to kill the legislation but maybe water it down.

Coventry, for being a hair offside on a late winner *
by wcnitz  (2024-04-26 16:34:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liverpool collapsing before that.
by NDBass  (2024-04-26 16:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Acts of capitulation that foretold the collapse in the PL.