What is it about Mount you’re hung up on?
by wiNDycityfan (2024-04-16 00:24:22)
Edited on 2024-04-16 01:02:07

In reply to: For all of the things that Chelsea have gotten wrong  posted by HTownND

Besides being a home grown Chelsea academy product, which means little in the bigger picture, there isn’t anything about Mount- mind you, the money you reinvested from his sale- you should be nostalgic about. I can either go at it eloquently or save everyone a paragraph or two. I’ll choose the latter- he fucking sucks.

It was brilliant business for Chelsea, sold an unremarkable player for 55M GBP and brought in an amazing talent that is actually producing substantially like Palmer for 40M, who ironically happens to be a boyhood United fan.

So, back to Mount, he’s a bang average Brit whose biggest accomplishment this season has been wearing on the #7 while running around like a headless chicken. Funny though, as good a shirt seller #7 is, he isn’t driving them sales.

In closing, Mason Mount makes me wish (*gasp*) Fred was still around. I felt his signing was a mistake from the outset, and it took me two preseason games to see it was going to be a big waste for club and player. For fucks sake, 55M, coming off his worst season, with 1 year left on his contract, and no clear need for him.

Typical United.

Replies: