And Unai Emery’s revenge is complete.
by ndroman21 (2024-04-14 13:29:58)
Edited on 2024-04-14 13:32:40

Emi Martinez as well.

Unsurprisingly, it will be City again.

So much for the title race. *
by ChicagoWave03  (2024-04-15 12:21:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean, it's possible that City will drop 2 points...
by ndroman21  (2024-04-15 12:22:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but if history is any guide, they will not.

Yeah, I think City will win out.
by ChicagoWave03  (2024-04-15 16:25:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I also don't see us picking up 18 points from remaining fixtures.

I think we could drop more points
by dwjm3  (2024-04-15 13:45:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We haven’t played well at Spurs new stadium over the years.

The thing is I think Arsenal and Liverpool will drop more points. Arsenal’s remaining fixtures are fairly tough and the wheels seem to be coming off for Liverpool.

If Liverpool don't drop more points, it won't matter.
by NDBass  (2024-04-15 23:25:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because it could only mean that I'm dead and already in Valhalla

Ugh; would Pep consider the Spain NT after the treble? *
by Irish2003  (2024-04-14 19:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To put a fine point on it, it would be a double treble. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-04-14 22:26:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep, heckuva high note if so!
by Irish2003  (2024-04-16 17:25:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll certainly never rule out my Madrid when the CL anthem comes on, but City looks ruthless, especially when we're a bit shorthanded. Similarly, anything can happen in a one-off like the CL final or FA Cup rather than a best of 7 where the best team nearly always win, but they just seem a cut above, and have pulled off the EPL dominance so consistently that I figured Arsenal or Liverpool would have had to been nearly flawless.

You correctly bring up the double treble, and I was just reading an article about there their place in history would be after this year. I found Barca's peak teams to subjectively stand out just a tad more in recent history, but can see the case for City climbing that mountain too.

Who had 0 goals from Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs
by backroads  (2024-04-14 13:42:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I certainly didn’t.

Man City in the drivers seat however is no surprise and I daresay they will score goals in all remaining PL fixtures.

Liverpool isn't as surprising.
by NDBass  (2024-04-14 14:14:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wheels have been close to falling off. If they didn't all fall off Thursday, they certainly have now.