I think that we are talking past each other a bit, but that
by Grace91 (2024-04-06 22:00:04)

In reply to: Horan, Rapinoe, and Morgan did nothing wrong  posted by mattchell

we're not that far apart on this situation in general.

I think that our basic disagreement is around the response to the situation. I agree that they should have called Albert out. I agree that they do not owe her gentle treatment. I feel that a strong leader would also be one who would act with some kindness as well for a young and foolish colleague.

I am not trying to make this a "two sides" discussion, but it does appear to be a fact that Rapinoe noted that her achilles injury was proof that there was not a God. I don't believe that it is a stretch to infer that the unkind post that Albert liked was a response to that. That's not an attempt at making it ok, but it is context that I believe is important.

My apologies if I misinterpreted your comments or read anything into them that was not there. I wouldn't call Albert's stupid "like" of the post rooting for the injury, but perhaps that's semantics. Also, I don't believe that she and Rapinoe ever were teammates, which although minor is a bit of a difference.

I agree with you that I hope that there is forgiveness and growth out of this whole unfortunate and avoidable mess.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.