City Arsenal and City Villa
by SCOANGERS (2024-04-04 13:08:32)

I keep saying outcome of the game are not what matter but I felt the City-Arsenal game was borderline boring (one of my Italian friend was saying when such games are happening in EPL people applauded the smart tactics, when they happen in Italy they complain about how poor Calcio is ..")
Still the City-Villa game was entertaining and shows some tactics evolution from pep . His comment about Foden was great "work ethic unbelievable He has a natural talent, a special gift..."
Foden has clearly reached a milestone this season /at the end of last season, 21 goals (and he does not kick penalty) He is in a squad with high talent ala Haaland all of this commands respect
Now some personal questions
1) I still don't get how City cannot get KdB and Foden together on the pitch
2) I feel Southgate is one of the most underperforming coach ever...he has Foden Bellingham, Rice then Kane and Rashford and he cannot win anything
3) I'm still struggling why after 15 years opposing coaches cannot counter Pep tactics..especially in a league like EPL where global talent are avalaibke

City v. Arsenal was boring.
by ndroman21  (2024-04-04 15:28:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The 2nd half was somewhat improved, but Arsenal played very cynically. I can't entirely blame Arteta, as the most important thing was not to lose the game, so he adopted the low block tactics that Arsenal often has trouble breaking down, and it worked. The low block/counter IS the counter to Pep tactics.

If Trossard plays an early ball to Martinelli from that masterful Odegaard through ball, who knows?

It didn't help that Saka had a relatively poor day, but I think much of that was concentrating on defending rather than attacking.

I agree on Southgate....there is so much talent...you didn't even mention Saka.

We went 1-0 through two ties with City.
by Wooderson  (2024-04-06 19:24:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We're doing pretty great.

Today was nice, Tuesday is the the tale.

One cannot complain too much.
by ndroman21  (2024-04-08 11:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If there hadn't been that stretch around the holidays where no one could put the ball in the net, we'd likely have a 6 point lead.

They're always boring to watch under Pep
by wcnitz  (2024-04-04 14:16:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's just the nature of his tactics and how much they control the ball.

What’s up with KDB?
by mitquinn  (2024-04-04 14:05:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t watch City unless they play Arsenal.

He looked like a ghost of his formal self that dominated the flow and space of the pitch.

Pep's postgame walk on the field was popcorn-worthy.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-04-04 13:44:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To your point on Southgate, England is loaded.