It's pretty good...
by Kbyrnes (2024-03-07 11:06:19)

In reply to: Apocalypse Not  posted by El Kabong

...I agree with him, and have long held, that our everyday lives really are not all that much affected by who is president; they are more impacted by the even more difficult to understand whirling of short-term economic forces. And I have been around long enough to have experienced 13 presidents and we are still standing.

On balance, though, I think it would be dangerous to say that because neither man would "destroy" America, that it's therefore a matter of indifference who is the next president. I would prefer an anodyne experience under Biden II because I think he would mostly have cabinet people, NSA people, etc., who were fairly sane and capable and who would stay the course of the administration for the most part, versus leaving in disgust as some did under Trump. Maybe I'm fantasizing, but I'm seeing Marjorie Taylor Green, Steve Bannon, or Steven Miller as secretary of state or some other high position under Trump, and they really are crazies.

And Trump did try to break what we have--he was apparently quite willing to see the electoral count in Congress upended, which if I were shockable anymore, would be shocking enough; but his apparent bland regard for rules in general make me wonder what goofiness might ensue under Trump II.

Goldberg did write in this piece:

"Still, a second Trump presidency, I believe, is far, far, more likely to do more harm to the country that I love and the ideals I hold close to heart."

Replies: