She's claimed all she can claim.
by TJK1998 (2024-03-06 14:34:57)

In reply to: I wish she would stick in the race, but I get it. *  posted by irishnyer

In that should Trump self-immolate, she's the only other Republican with a win on the board. She -- on paper -- is the obvious fallback plan.

Of course, should Trump self-immolate, all bets are off.

I dont think she is a fallback plan at all. That may have
by wpkirish  (2024-03-06 17:17:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

been her theory of why she should stay in but I cant imagine a world where a Trump controlled party turns to Haley as the nominee if somethign prevents him from running. Remeber she was not even typically the first choice for most voters when other candidates dropped out.

I agree, which is why I said on paper.
by TJK1998  (2024-03-06 20:16:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If Trump were out the knives would be drawn and nobody would give a shit that she won Vermont. But I can see her strategy in it. It's the only play she has.

That would be an interesting convention
by El Kabong  (2024-03-06 15:35:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It would hold our interest.

Happened in 1980
by sprack  (2024-03-06 16:32:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Ted Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter and didn’t drop out until the convention, with his “The dream will never die” speech.