I wish she would stick in the race, but I get it. *
by irishnyer (2024-03-06 11:09:14)

In reply to: It certainly looks that way. Reports are saying that she  posted by kellykapowski

This user did not provide content for this post

She's claimed all she can claim.
by TJK1998  (2024-03-06 14:34:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

In that should Trump self-immolate, she's the only other Republican with a win on the board. She -- on paper -- is the obvious fallback plan.

Of course, should Trump self-immolate, all bets are off.

I dont think she is a fallback plan at all. That may have
by wpkirish  (2024-03-06 17:17:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

been her theory of why she should stay in but I cant imagine a world where a Trump controlled party turns to Haley as the nominee if somethign prevents him from running. Remeber she was not even typically the first choice for most voters when other candidates dropped out.

I agree, which is why I said on paper.
by TJK1998  (2024-03-06 20:16:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If Trump were out the knives would be drawn and nobody would give a shit that she won Vermont. But I can see her strategy in it. It's the only play she has.

That would be an interesting convention
by El Kabong  (2024-03-06 15:35:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It would hold our interest.

Happened in 1980
by sprack  (2024-03-06 16:32:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Ted Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter and didn’t drop out until the convention, with his “The dream will never die” speech.

Suspect fundraising/paying campaign staff becomes
by Barrister  (2024-03-06 12:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

impossible at some point.

Why? She was DOA. *
by NDBass  (2024-03-06 12:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Gets Trump's attention - and his money
by wcnitz  (2024-03-06 14:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The more Haley forced Trump to burn other people's money, the better.

I really don't think she forced him to do anything.
by NDBass  (2024-03-06 14:36:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Nobody serious thought she had a chance at winning the nomination based on voting.

He did go on rants
by AquinasDomer  (2024-03-06 15:12:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Against her and "RINO Republicans". At the margin it might help Biden target some swing voters and burned up more Republican Donor cash.

He rants about anything and everything.
by NDBass  (2024-03-06 15:17:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He's been in campaign mode for the presidency about 99.9% of the time, though. He didn't even bother with the debates. He knew he was going to win the nomination. I think the amount of money was negligible and it wouldn't make a big difference if Haley stayed in the race. Funding all of his legal bills is the biggest impediment.

Sure, but he specifically attacked
by AquinasDomer  (2024-03-06 15:25:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

People who've voted for him before.

Normally he attacks immigrants or other enemies on the left.