McConnell did endorse *
by DBCooper (2024-03-06 10:21:15)
Edited on 2024-03-06 10:21:26

In reply to: It certainly looks that way. Reports are saying that she  posted by kellykapowski

This user did not provide content for this post

Portraits in Cowardice *
by 88_92WSND  (2024-03-06 23:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I wish I believed in hell, so I could be confident McConnell
by BigBadBrewer  (2024-03-06 21:28:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

would be there soon.

In his own words
by Go_Crazy_Folks  (2024-03-06 15:28:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

“January 6th was a disgrace. American citizens attacked their own government. They used terrorism…They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth — because he was angry he'd lost an election. Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.”
Mitch McConnell

People who endorse or support Trump are
by Barrister  (2024-03-06 12:56:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

human scum, to borrow a phrase.

Depressing.
by ocnd  (2024-03-06 10:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Even a guy on his way out of both Senate leadership and life, lines up.

It's become a "well he's bad BUT!" argument
by ravenium  (2024-03-06 14:02:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The current "out" for GOP figures is that "well Trump is bad but CAN YOU IMAGINE another four years of Democrats???", as if we'd all been forced into 90% tax brackets and attend mandatory drag queen story hour every week. This would work great if the alternative wasn't assuring us all he's running on a vendetta platform.

I'll start off by saying that I get it - you shouldn't have to vote for a person that doesn't align with your views or principles. I get that a lot of conservatives/former GOP are politically homeless right now.

If this were 2004, this argument would be laughed out the room - you'd never say "don't vote for Bush because democracy is at stake!!" Sure, Bush didn't align with my views, but he was wrong within normal parameters (RIP PJ O'Rourke).

It's not 2004 anymore - there aren't 2 healthy parties and without 2 healthy parties, the remaining party destabilizes. I get that it's been a "which is less bad" vote for quite some time, but in this case Jimmy Carter v2 is quite literally less awful.

Well, the Democrats are evil.
by Revue Party  (2024-03-06 14:36:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

So you gotta vote for (checks ballot) someone who's legitimately evil and undermines any morality and/or any interest in a representative democracy I may have.

Staying home or writing in Bugs Bunny would show more courage.

I'm not subjecting Bugs to this *
by El Kabong  (2024-03-06 15:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Baba Looey then? *
by The Holtz Room  (2024-03-06 18:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He's earned it *
by El Kabong  (2024-03-07 10:19:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply