Kyrsten Sinema won’t run for reelection (link)
by sprack (2024-03-05 15:11:58)

This user did not provide content for this post

Welcome Senator Gallego
by shillelaghhugger  (2024-03-05 15:29:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It'll be weird to have a carpetbagging liberal representing Arizona as a U.S. Senator, but I believe Kari Lake remains unelectable. With that said, Gallego is 100% political and will morph into a more moderate Dem in order to stay. He's an empire builder and intends to become a permanent feature in AZ.

btw Sinema was not really ever considering a run. There wasn't much of a pathway there after the left was done with her.

He’s not a carpetbagger any more than John McCain was
by sprack  (2024-03-05 15:34:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Gallego has lived in Arizona since he got out of the Marine Corps.

I figured Sinema would drop out. She had no chance in getting reelected. I think her declaring herself as an independent was a Hail Mary, because if she stayed a Democrat Gallego would have beaten her in the primary.

I have a feeling Kari Lake is going to be a perennial candidate, and hopefully will never actually hold public office.

McCain wasn't a carpetbagger
by shillelaghhugger  (2024-03-05 18:34:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

his home of record was the Hanoi Hilton ffs. The woman that became his second wife was born and raised in AZ. He established roots and spent his free time here.

And I have no problem with newcomers. Hell its more than half the state.

Gallego targeted AZ because he could get elected here. He had almost no connection here and spends damn little time here.

You know a lot of people from Arizona
by sprack  (2024-03-05 19:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

weren’t born in Arizona, right?

There were plenty of places he could have gotten elected, including if he came right back to Illinois. He didn’t even run for elective office when he first moved to Arizona.