I am not sure I agree on the gluten free predilection
by WilfordBrimley (2024-03-05 11:34:59)

In reply to: Dammit, we agree  posted by ravenium

that Celiac's are annoyed by people who are GF without having Celiac's.

My almost-4 year old was formally diagnosed with Celiac's about 2 months ago, and it is a real motherfucker to build a decent diet with it. I never realized how pervasive wheat and byproducts are in all of our food until this, and I am really grateful that the GF market has grown to the point where there are good options for GF bread, pizza crust, Oreos, macaroni, etc. His (and ours to a degree) life would be kind of miserable without those options which likely wouldn't be available if there wasn't such a large market of non-Celiac's GF people.

As an aside, while going gluten-free was the last thing I ever thought I would do or needed, I do notice it helps a bit with inflammation. We are by necessity largely a GF household, though I will sneak my 1 year old some goldfish or graham crackers now and then. I'll eat a sub sandwich or pasta or something along those lines if I am on my own, but the dramatic reduction in wheat intake has helped a bit how I feel when I wake up, after I work out, etc. But for the record, I still wouldn't do this shit if I didn't have to.

Replies: