You both give me too much credit.
by Rockbrig97 (2024-03-05 09:12:38)

In reply to: Chadwick is too nice a guy.  posted by The Holtz Room

Nice guy? I try and fail a lot! And I definitely break a sweat when I run. THR knows most of my bad habits.

Having just returned from Las Vegas, if there was ever a time I was going to get angry at the portly, it was in attempting to walk down the Strip on a Saturday afternoon while in a rush to get somewhere.

As for the underlying debate, I see both sides of the argument here. I think we're far too quickly turning to the miracle drugs to fix some problems that could be solved with better diet, less alcohol, more exercise. At the same time, I'm settling into middle age and no longer able to cut 5-10 pounds simply by running an extra 10-15 miles in my weekly training cycle. I'm much shorter, less muscular, and nowhere near as handsome as my friend Airborne, and he's only got me by about 30-35 pounds. I certainly wouldn't want to get in a fistfight with him. If he's pulling that off with some walking, keeping busy, and a decent diet, more power to him. I know he doesn't need Ozempic, just like most of the moms I know at my kids' school don't need it either. But many of them are taking it. The dads now, too, though I'll note it's mostly the most vain among them that are doing so.

Right now I'm angry at Andy for getting that grill discussion going in the BR, because it caused me to buy a new Weber last night that I now have to find time to put together.

Replies: