So what's the underlying cime in the penultimate paragraph?
by gozer (2024-03-02 16:46:42)

In reply to: Yes  posted by Irisharab

As to the original question, if someone's voting for him, a felony at this point isn't going to change their mind. The whole thing will just be further proof that they're just out to get him (and to be honest, as bad as he is as a president, a leader, and a man, I can't honestly say they're completely wrong. The entirety of the print and broadcast news establishment(yeah, I know, "but Fox news!") has been hell-bent on "get him!" since the 2016 Republican convention. That they've kept missing him this long is frankly a bit comical.)

Campaign finance violations
by ratinatux  (2024-03-02 20:12:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

On the theory that the hush money payment was made to help his campaign. Note these are campaign finance violations that the FEC specifically investigated and decided not to charge. This case is stupid and undermines the credibility of the real (Jack Smith charged) crimes, much like Fani’s affair.

Agreed entirely but disagree in part
by airborneirish  (2024-03-02 20:40:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I read the entire filing a year ago and it did not specifically mention the campaign finance “crime”. The entire thing is a joke. I would refuse to appear.

It was not in the indictment but DA office stated that is
by ratinatux  (2024-03-03 08:52:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

What they intend to pursue

Like I said. Wait until march 25. *
by airborneirish  (2024-03-03 17:14:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

No one knows. We have to wait until march 25 *
by airborneirish  (2024-03-02 18:16:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I think with the "double haters"
by AquinasDomer  (2024-03-02 17:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Or wavering Biden 2020/WSJ soft Trump voters it could matter.

For the vast majority of adults it won't matter at all.

What an utterly depressing statement.
by IAND75  (2024-03-02 18:24:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

“For the vast majority of adults it won't matter at all.”

And very likely true.