I am not saying i disagree and I am not of the mind set the
by wpkirish (2024-02-29 17:57:45)

In reply to: Even npr states there ought to be ample time  posted by airborneirish

Court did this to help him. There is a case to be made that a well reasoned decision by the Appellate Court is sufficient in most cases so that without a conflict in the circuits the case should be left alone. Obviously they may feel this is an important enough case the Court needs to weigh in.

It is all fine if they rule quickly after the hearing. The stay prohibits anything from being done inthe meantime so if he loses it will take some time to get back up tp speed. I think the prior indications were 4-6 weeks for the prosecution after Jury selection. Of course it will be over the summer so there will always be the I have a family vacations scheduled issue to deal with.

I think DOJ has a rule about political trials / announcements of politicians around elections. I dont remember exaclty what it is but 90 days sticks in my mind. Even assuming it is 60 days that is the beginning of September which means to try the case before the election the Court likely needs to issue a decision by the miiddle of May at the latest. That assumes a month to get the case ready and 2.5 months to pick a jury and try the case.

The time frame is tight but not impossible. Honestly Haley and any Republicans who throught a conviction would doom Trump's campaging should probably be more upset.

Replies: