Maybe DOJ shouldn't have take 2.5 years to indict
by manofdillon (2024-02-29 13:16:16)

In reply to: With no trial  posted by vermin05

Everything that has happened since the indictment has proceeded at a high expedited pace at each level of the court system, especially as compared to criminal matters of comparable complexity and public importance.

The phrase comparable complexity probably also applies to
by wpkirish  (2024-02-29 14:15:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

the time to indict.

Obviously difficult to remember now what we knew and when we knew it so I dont remember waht eveidence became public when that triggered the appointment. Cerainly many on the left have criticized Garland over this matter and others. Smith actually moved pretty quickly once appointed. He was named in November 22 and I think the indciitments in the Mar A Lago case came in June. The 1/6 indictments I think came on August 1. For a wide ranging conspriacy where people are not volunteering evidence that time frame isnt bad.

What I had not considered before now is whether the 1/6 case ever gets brought if Trump does not screw around with the documents.