Machine works well in November less so in March.
by wpkirish (2024-02-28 20:06:58)

In reply to: The Machine is alive and well  posted by El Kabong

Both SA candidats have picked up their fair share on endorseents. Clayton received the party endorsement (I would guess largely due to Preckwinkle) but I am quite confident if you toured the wards / townships on election days you would find plenty of palm cards with Eileen on them particulalry in areas with lots of PD and FD employees and in wealthier areas.

I dont think I have worked a single primary in the 35 years I have lived in the City where officials weren't cutting side deals to help people on election days. There is plenty of infighting, rivalries and outright backstabbing in March but typically everyone is on the same page come November.

If I was running for Judge I would still rather be an Irish woman than a slated candidate. Save you a lot of money and probably gives you a bigger boost.

Interestingly they have dumped Iris Martinez in favor of Spyropoulos. Martinez started in HDO but rare for the party to dump an incumbent in a primary. Of course more rare for to have a challenger with Spyropoulos's money and willingness to spend it.

As for your friend the Coutny party typically does not endorse in subcircuit races which I think that one is.