The issues in this case are definitely not on Trump's side
by sprack (2024-02-28 19:47:04)
Edited on 2024-02-28 19:49:23

In reply to: Lighten up Francis  posted by irishguard78

He's almost assuredly going to lose. It's a delay tactic which is unfortunately working.

In other news, in the case of Alumni v Dillon, the Supreme Court decided 9-0 that Alumni sucks.

So if the issues are not on Trump’s side,
by irishguard78  (2024-02-28 20:56:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Why the expletives? Why are you pissed? Isn’t this actually what you want? This is an expedited result rather than Trump being able to take this to an appellate court and the. Asking the Supreme Court to grant cert which would most certainly have gone past the November election date? Relax Sprack, you’re losing your cool.

That last is not true
by sprack  (2024-02-29 13:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I’m no lawyer, but from everything everywhere that I’ve read I don’t think you have that right at all. If they didn’t grant cert it would be the end of it and the trial could be scheduled.

Sort of
by irishguard78  (2024-02-29 18:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If it was first headed to the appellate court then off to whether the Supreme Court does or doesn’t grant cert. most times, they let the case ‘ripen’ before taking up a case or failing to grant cert. so you’re sort of right and sort of wrong. Now I’m sure you’ll have something else to say about this, but I’m done. Cheers

You're a Dem? You balless bastard! I'm new
by beatgoeson  (2024-02-28 20:10:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

around here, I suggest you stop trying to be fair and balanced in the image of past American statesmen. Could have packed the court, then done an endzone dance, like the F-ing republicans. Which is it Miss Manners or Political Party? You know how to MAKE the reservation, just not how to HOLD the reservation. Now I'm ashamed to be a Democrat!! Where do I go next? I guess I have an inside route to the Know Nothings.