Lighten up Francis
by irishguard78 (2024-02-28 19:38:53)

In reply to: The Supreme Court has granted cert on presidential immunity  posted by sprack

I’d like to see how this goes. Not really sure the issues in the case are on Trump’s side. I think the court is trying to deal with all the issues as to whether he can be the nominee. You might like their conclusion.

If they were going to hear it
by vermin05  (2024-02-28 19:52:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

They should have fucking heard it in January when the special prosecutor asked them. The fucking court has now become political and this is a sad day for this country. The bastard is going to delay both his trials until after the election and the Supreme Court is allowing it to happen. Next time the democrats try to pack the court I’m not going to fucking complain. Fuck them, we have taken another step forward to losing our republic.

We should give them a chance to rule.
by Kali4niaND  (2024-02-28 20:20:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Maybe it plays out as you opine. Maybe the Supremes just want to slam the door on the bullshit.

I doubt they can. Mary Wilson passed away 3 years ago *
by enginerd194  (2024-02-29 06:54:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

They had that opportunity
by vermin05  (2024-02-28 20:24:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

They could have heard it in January if they felt they had to rule but they didn’t, they sent it to the court of appeals. Hearing this now only allows Trump to get what he wants.

You’re out of your element *
by airborneirish  (2024-02-29 19:15:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The good news.
by Kali4niaND  (2024-02-28 20:27:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Is that if the Supremes rule that Presidents have total immunity, Biden can have a SEAL team assassinate Trump, and coast to victory.

I’m not celebrating the debasement of our government
by vermin05  (2024-02-28 20:39:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

This move is a craven attempt to help an insurrectionist by the highest court in the land. I have no doubt they will deny him, but it doesn’t matter they still gave him the fucking victory. Cowards.

The issues in this case are definitely not on Trump's side
by sprack  (2024-02-28 19:47:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He's almost assuredly going to lose. It's a delay tactic which is unfortunately working.

In other news, in the case of Alumni v Dillon, the Supreme Court decided 9-0 that Alumni sucks.

So if the issues are not on Trump’s side,
by irishguard78  (2024-02-28 20:56:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Why the expletives? Why are you pissed? Isn’t this actually what you want? This is an expedited result rather than Trump being able to take this to an appellate court and the. Asking the Supreme Court to grant cert which would most certainly have gone past the November election date? Relax Sprack, you’re losing your cool.

That last is not true
by sprack  (2024-02-29 13:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I’m no lawyer, but from everything everywhere that I’ve read I don’t think you have that right at all. If they didn’t grant cert it would be the end of it and the trial could be scheduled.

Sort of
by irishguard78  (2024-02-29 18:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If it was first headed to the appellate court then off to whether the Supreme Court does or doesn’t grant cert. most times, they let the case ‘ripen’ before taking up a case or failing to grant cert. so you’re sort of right and sort of wrong. Now I’m sure you’ll have something else to say about this, but I’m done. Cheers

You're a Dem? You balless bastard! I'm new
by beatgoeson  (2024-02-28 20:10:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

around here, I suggest you stop trying to be fair and balanced in the image of past American statesmen. Could have packed the court, then done an endzone dance, like the F-ing republicans. Which is it Miss Manners or Political Party? You know how to MAKE the reservation, just not how to HOLD the reservation. Now I'm ashamed to be a Democrat!! Where do I go next? I guess I have an inside route to the Know Nothings.