The Machine is alive and well
by El Kabong (2024-02-28 18:34:09)
Edited on 2024-02-28 18:35:22

The primary approaches, so of course we're being bombarded with tree-wasting adverts. All of them are generated by the (D) party, which doesn't surprise me because I doubt Illinois (R)'s could organize a two-car funeral procession.

Most of them get tossed, but a rather large one addressed to LaK and me caught my eye. Generated by the Cook County (D)'s, it rants that "Donald Trump handpicked three Supreme Court justices to overturn Roe v. Wade. He intended for them to take away our freedoms..." Never mind that abortion access is just as available, if not more so, in Illinois now than when Roe was decided, but that is what it is.

Along with the rant is a "sample ballot" which "state law allows [me] to bring ... into the voting booth". How kind. So I look to see who they're supporting, specifically the two names on my front lawn.

The woman who is running for States Attorney? Hell no, Kim Foxx's anointed successor is on this sample ballot.

Interestingly, Foxx's top deputy, who is running against the guy on my lawn for judge, isn't mentioned on the flyer. Maybe it's not a major enough position.

Regardless, maybe I'll bring this ballot with me to the voting booth so I can vote against everybody who's been recommended ... futile as that may be.

Replies: