I disagree with the term faithless electors given the fact
by wpkirish (2024-02-28 18:10:52)

In reply to: Try that and I will move South and join a Secession  posted by Raoul

they will be following the rules established by the State. My difficulty on this topic is there are two competing arguments. First, dont let CA or NY tell me how to live. Two, if NY OR CA change their rules for their state in a way I dont like I am out.

In my view something needs to give. The entire premise of the nation rests upon the acceptance of the winner as legitimate. If we cotinue to have popular vote winners who lose the the electoral college I am not certain how long we can sustain that.

We see it here in Illinois with the "Eastern Block" in the legislature who want to divide into two states because Chicago region controls everything and does not represent their values. However, they have far fewer representatives than the Chicago area because of course they have fewer residents.

What gives is you go to your country and I will go to mine
by Raoul  (2024-02-28 20:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I already live in your crooked shithole. But it isn't enough for you to control state and local - you want it all. And you want it with a radical change via no Amendment, just a 50+1 vote in each state. Completely unsurprising.

vote to remove "shit hole" from the board lexicon
by ravenium  (2024-02-28 23:58:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Positively trumpian language. Ffs, you're better than this.

Never even said I supported it simply pointed out there is
by wpkirish  (2024-02-28 22:18:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

A reasonable argument in support. Honestly have not given much thought to the idea so not certain where I would come down. I do think as a general matter more elections where the popular vote winner loses the election undermines faith in the process and that is a bad thing for the nation. It yes you know we well enough to know that I want to control the whole nation.

As for my crooked shithole you have the freedom to live in another state and still enjoy all the benefits of being a US Citizen to get away from me and my co-conspirators of course I don’t have the similar ability to move to another state and still not deal with EC and its impact on elections.

But live very differently
by El Kabong  (2024-02-28 18:15:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

People in Chicago want guns banned because there's a crime/gang (not to mention prosecution) problem up here.

So for that reason, should farmers south of 80 not be allowed to have AR's to kill gophers that could maim their cattle with their holes?

is there room for nuance?
by ravenium  (2024-02-29 00:18:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Even Canadian farmers have guns. They don't ask for or need semi autos with high capacity. They don't need Carl spacklers c4.

Pistols are a more tangled web. Good people usually want them because bad people want them and they feel threatened.

My anger boils over with this issue
by Raoul  (2024-02-28 20:06:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

This fuckers can go to fucking hell.