Nonresponsive. If the EC did not exist, would you propose it
by BigBadBrewer (2024-02-28 17:36:37)

In reply to: So you’re saying after enjoying the benefits of the bargain  posted by airborneirish

today over a popular vote? Why?

Yes, laws at any level can change. A useful observation! Indeed, that's exactly what the compact would do -- states would change their laws in order to apportion their EC votes, a power generally left to the states in the Constitution. So now that we agree, states can make laws and take actions... maybe you can try answering?

Give me Mandated Ranked Choice Voting
by rflor  (2024-02-29 11:31:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If we're going to move to Popular vote, then I want the US 2-party system blown up.

The best way to do this is move to RCV across the board, for all candidates.

This *should* give third party candidates a reasonable shot and now the popular vote also incorporates the 50% Independent middle.

As someone downthread (maybe ElK? ) pointed out, are we ready to become the next EU?

I'd love RCV as well. *
by BigBadBrewer  (2024-02-29 15:24:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply