I am as well
by catripledomer (2024-02-28 16:16:34)

In reply to: I'm starting to feel personally put out  posted by El Kabong

I care most about:

1. National Security, which for me includes physical security (including the border), energy security, financial security, and information security. I think our financial policies and runaway spending are a tremendous threat to our National Security. Energy independence is critical to our ability to function, and clean emerging technologies are not ready to supplant more traditional power generation and storage methods yet. We need to re-evaluate nuclear for certain.

2. Integrity - always doing the right thing instead of the politically expedient one is paramount for the success of this country.

3. Small government / larger individual - I don't believe the Federal government should be as involved in the lives of its citizens to the extent that it is today. We try to do too many things at a grand scale and will always fail miserably due to diversity of population. The best course of action is the least intrusive one.

4. Simplification - The world is complicated enough without government adding layers of complexity and cost to people's lives (I'm looking at you tax code)

I care extremely little about social issues at a federal level. Typically these affect < 20% of the population and the amount of time and energy devoted to them feels out of balance with the populations affected.

I don't think I am that out of the ordinary, but I have no idea where to turn to find candidates that are somewhat representative of my views.

Replies: