Would you feel differently in a world where the Republicans
by wpkirish (2024-02-28 15:00:49)

In reply to: I would prefer NY and CA govern themselves and not me *  posted by El Kabong

consitently won the popular vote but lost the electoral college because CA and NY gave the Dems an enormous advantage? What if I dont want Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi and a host of other states to "govern me"?

No
by El Kabong  (2024-02-28 17:29:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The Constitution is set up as it is set up, and there's an established process to amend it.

If people want it changed, change it that way. Don't short-circuit things because reasons or gridlock or Trump or whatever.

I simply said there is a reasonable argument that a state
by wpkirish  (2024-02-28 22:08:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Has the constitutional authority to make the change. If enough states pass it someone will
Challenge and the Supreme Court will make a decision. If they uphold the change then it wasn’t short circuiting the process. If they rule it violates the Constitution it won’t take affect.