Apologies…did not mean to post and run…
by Liebniz (2024-02-27 16:16:28)

In reply to: When I look back who is better before you get to HW?  posted by AquinasDomer

My vacation got in the way of reading.

You are correct that all administrations have negative outcomes as they execute their National Security Strategies (the world is highly complex and adversaries get a vote).

My issue is that the Biden administration stands alone in the modern era by following a policy of incrementalism and appeasement. History has shown us that this approach invariably leads to negative outcomes usually with dramatically higher loss of life (Chamberlain providing the most well known and horrific example).

Stands alone in incrementalism and appeasement?
by AquinasDomer  (2024-02-27 17:47:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Where we have strategic interests in China/Russia where have we seen that?

I can understand disagreements about individual things we've done in the Middle East, but the overall strategic goal post Bush has been to pivot away from the Middle East and towards Asia.

If the Republicans were putting up anyone else I could see someone with different opinions say they couldn't vote against Biden bc of Foreign Policy disagreements. But you know what you're getting with Trump and it's catastrophic.

I plainly stated…
by Liebniz  (2024-02-27 21:40:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The only worse President of the modern era wrt National Security was Trump and it isn’t close. Did you miss that?