I'm not wild about Biden
by crazychester (2024-02-27 15:53:39)

In reply to: With all due respect, asking what has "disgusted" someone  posted by G.K.Chesterton

and I am admittedly right of center politically. I don't know that he's done anything to disgust me but he is clearly mentally unfit to hold such an important office at what is seemingly a very important global moment. You're not going to take a cognitive test but your going to ask me to give you four more years safe-guarding the US nuclear arsenal ? I dont think so.

Before I make this next point I'll point out that I loathe Donald Trump and I have never voted for him nor will I ever. I find him to be a reprehensible human being who can once or twice stumble over a good idea but any benefit to his tunure is far out-weighed by the damage that he does to the office.

At the same time, I am told that his running or his election is a threat to democracy and I guess that could be true if one thought he is going to grab the levels of power and never relinquish them. I find this fear overblown as he is constitutionally precluded from running for a third term, but that is not the point I want to argue.

How is Joe Biden in his current state not a threat to Democracy? The man can barely string together three sentences. How can anyone possibly believe that he is fully in charge of the executive branch of the US governemnet ? This is a dynamic that will only worsen over time. How is a shadow government not a threat to Democracy ?