I guess.
by EricCartman (2024-02-27 13:05:00)

In reply to: I've heard the "Keep Harris" argument as the following..  posted by rflor

Trump is so polarizing that I can't see people staying home because Biden dropped someone that isn't even popular.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/approval/kamala-harris/

Yes, but let's remember...
by El Kabong  (2024-02-27 13:20:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...they'd be "allowed" to affect the election by staying home because the only people honor-bound to vote for Joe Biden whether they want to or not are conservatives.

Huh?
by sprack  (2024-02-27 17:12:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I don't care if you don't vote for him. Just don't vote or Trump. And you're not voting for Trump so what's the problem here?

That is not what I have said.
by wpkirish  (2024-02-27 13:48:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I have said in the past that Biden's election rested upon both moderate conservative voters not voiting for Trump but also an increase among Dems particularly AA females.

What % of Trump voters switched ot Biden in 2020? Take Georgia as an example. If you assume 15% of the Trump voters switched to Biden that means tan equal number of new Dems came out to vote for Biden that did not vote in 2016. And I am guessing the 15% number is high but more disturbung is the fact at the 15% number there were an additional 700,000 people just in Georgia who did not vote in 2016 then voted in 2020 because they wanted four more years of Trump. For every 1% increase in the voters you think made the switch ad 20,000 new Trump voters in 2020.

You and I disagree that Biden and Trump pose the same danger to America moving forward and I think that as long as people view it that way it will be difficult to win. However, if you shove the other 300,000 new 2020 voters aside the same thing is true.

That’s complete BS
by vermin05  (2024-02-27 13:31:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Every American has the duty to prevent a tyrant from getting control. If you don’t you’re just as culpable.