Yes really
by JBrock18 (2024-02-27 11:52:22)
Edited on 2024-02-27 11:55:36

In reply to: Really  posted by vermin05

The border disaster is absolutely about votes. To quote you, "Thats just one example."

Opinions vary, I'm not trying to change yours and I respect your viewpoint even though I do not share it. Mine is that Biden has and continues to do a horrible job. The fact that the alternative blows too doesn't change my opinion. Like I said we are F'd. I will say this. If Biden wins and steps down for Harris, we may all be wishing ole Joe was back.

How is border legislation "for votes"?
by ravenium  (2024-02-27 13:46:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Letting immigration go to shit excites exactly nobody. Are you conspiratorially suggesting that there's a sinister cabal of people that want unchecked immigration? I call bunk.

It's worth mentioning that a perfectly fine immigration bill left the senate with bipartisan support, only to get tanked by the idiots in the house because Trump wanted it to. I'd say the blame for the border can now be in part to them and him.

What do you think his rationale is? *
by Brahms  (2024-02-27 14:55:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

his rationale for wanting to pass border legislation? *
by ravenium  (2024-02-28 03:10:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's quite simple
by JBrock18  (2024-02-27 14:41:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Let as many people in as possible believing they will vote for our party. It's as plain as day to me. Why else would you tolerate a disaster like this unless you are a total dumbass which sadly might also be in play. From day 1 the mission was to open the border and let anyone and everyone in. This is indisputable. Look at the number of crossings. It is unprecedented and was overtly invited.

That is a conspiracy theory, plain and simple
by ravenium  (2024-02-27 14:50:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Great Replacement is quackery. Also, last I checked, non-citizens cannot vote.

The fact that you continue to push "disaster", "open borders", and decided to call me a "total dumbass" says a lot more about you and your inability to maturely express an idea than it does anyone else.

The border is absolutely a problem and in need of a bipartisan solution. We can point fingers at each party when they're in power more or less equally, or we can pass legislation that tries to address it.

2 Questions:How many states don’t require voter ID to vote?
by Inigomontoya  (2024-02-27 20:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Question2: if you had extended family members here illegally, or if want to play the game, here as “asylum seekers” who would you vote for?

Oh that’s a conspiracy theory! Trying to keep minorities from voting!

why wouldn’t you want basic controls in place to prevent fraud?

There is a lot to be gained by Biden to open the borders, it’s not that complicated.

that's fairly far fetched stuff
by ravenium  (2024-02-29 00:03:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I don't think these people are voting as consistently as you or Democrats think.

I didn't call you a dumbass
by JBrock18  (2024-02-27 14:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I implied that Biden is one if in fact he believes what he's done at the border is in the best interest of the United States. I don't believe he does, as stated I believe he and his handlers believe it's in the best interest of their party winning future elections. You call it a conspiracy theory, I call it a very reasonable and probable deduction.

I think I've maturely expressed my thoughts. Whether you agree or disagree is your prerogative and I don't care one way or another.

you said
by ravenium  (2024-02-29 00:10:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

" Why else would you tolerate a disaster like this unless you are a total dumbass which sadly might also be in play."

I think one can be forgiven for being unclear as to the object of that epithet.

Again, you're conflating the idea that demographic shifts were supposed to give Democrats a permanent majority (this has not happened, but pundits breathlessly kept saying it wout) with the way it was supposed to happen.

Nobody is saying immigration would lead to more democratic voters outside of some charlie kirk bs.

I couldn't disagree more
by JBrock18  (2024-03-01 09:17:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Just because it hasn't worked to the extent they hoped for does not mean that it is not the objective. Answer the question Brahms asked. What is their motive then for moronic and devastating lack of border control. From day 1 dopey Joe opened the flood gates.

It's not really a hard reach when those on the left (and yes
by krudler  (2024-02-27 17:27:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

, there have been elected officials who brag about this) continue to point to the "changing demographics" when they point to factors contributing to the demise of the Republican party. When you let in millions of people from foreign countries, that will absolutely by definition change the demographics. The generous interpretation is that they're just pointing out facts (which it's true the demographics are in fact changing). However, coupling that with pointing out that these changes will be to the detriment of the Republicans means they're acutely aware of voting patterns (or at the minimum the voting patterns of their children). In conjunction with policies (Day 1 rescinding of EAs) that would have helped prevent this immediate crisis, it's not really surprising to see people connecting those dots and not immediately giving the benefit of the doubt to politicians who crave power. Also this kind of thing would not be unprecedented in the history of our nation.

Well said *
by JBrock18  (2024-02-27 21:39:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

not really
by ravenium  (2024-02-29 00:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's basically a popular internet meme at this point.

You've got blinders on
by JBrock18  (2024-03-01 09:20:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It is exactly what it appears to be.

Or conversely, and given that this is indeed a crisis
by krudler  (2024-02-27 14:54:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

that at least most Americans believe Biden created, he can undo the EA reversals he signed day 1 that made things significantly harder on our border patrol.

Joe would never do that...he's not that cynical
by Brahms  (2024-02-27 12:07:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

But he is that stupid and creepy.

Lord, I wish we had someone besides Biden and Trump from which to choose.

Its amazing we have such a losers mentality as a country
by JBrock18  (2024-02-27 12:12:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

On both sides of the aisle there are huge segments who feel we should accept shitty because we feel or talk ourselves into feeling that the alternative is just a little less shitty. Rather than uniting to find a better solution we just accept things and those in politics on both sides do the same because they are human like the rest of us. It really is a strange dynamic to me.

You said every decision he’s made is for Democratic votes
by vermin05  (2024-02-27 12:05:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

1. Supporting Israel isn’t doing that
2. Coming out in favor of the doomed border bill isn’t supported by democrats
3. Nominating Powell to stay on as chair of the Fed was not supported by all democrats
4. Working with the Republicans on a budget bill wasn’t supported by democrats

I think you are confusing supporting policy’s a majority of all Americans approve of with buying Democratic votes. In a functioning democracy the government should be working to please the majority a majority of the time.

A few things:
by krudler  (2024-02-27 12:21:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

1. Supporting Israel isn’t doing that - I would argue he'd likely lose more Democratic votes than win if he didn't support Israel and caved to the nutjobs in the far left (and far right on this issue)
2. Coming out in favor of the doomed border bill isn’t supported by democrats. It's not, but it's absolutely necessary in an election year, after lying about it for 3 years to appease his base.