I almost think this is his goal.
by EricCartman (2024-02-27 11:01:40)

In reply to: He's going to give us President Harris  posted by shillelaghhugger

He probably thinks that he is popular enough to win, then he will step-down after the election and hand the office over to the first woman President.

He has to know that she is not popular enough to win on her own, so he thinks that this is the best way to shatter the glass ceiling.

This is right up there with the idea Fetterman was never
by wpkirish  (2024-02-27 12:17:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

going to serve int he Senate before his election.

You only need to look at the US Senate to see these officials think they can serve longer than most of us do.

It's not a high probability theory.
by EricCartman  (2024-02-27 12:22:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I just think that it is possible.

HE is either a doddering old man who has no idea what he is
by wpkirish  (2024-02-27 12:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

doing or conversely he is hell bent on destroying America as we know it. I know that is overly simplistic way of putting it but it does seem to be the two dominant thoughts about Biden. I thought there was a similar view of Obama during his term.

The Daily Show did a piece on this recently. Matt Yglesias wrote about it last month with regard to half the Republican Party criticzing Biden for walking us into a MIddle East War and the other half criticizing him for being too weak and not standing up to our adversaries.

I never said any of those things.
by EricCartman  (2024-02-27 12:43:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I find the idea that Biden wants to pull Harris into the Presidency one that isn't outlandish or insane.

Given his age, this is the only possible explanation for keeping her on the ticket. Politically, there is nothing advantageous about her brand. She isn't popular, she doesn't bring a swing state into play, and she is only there because Biden needed help in SC in 2020. She was the price of admission.

Can anyone justify keeping her on the ticket? Or is the path of least resistance the answer here?

I've heard the "Keep Harris" argument as the following..
by rflor  (2024-02-27 12:46:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If he replaces her, he loses the Black vote because they will all stay home. Therefore, he hands the election to Trump.

What would be interesting to me is how much a reduced Black voter turnout would affect key swing states. For example, could it move Georgia?

I guess.
by EricCartman  (2024-02-27 13:05:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Trump is so polarizing that I can't see people staying home because Biden dropped someone that isn't even popular.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/approval/kamala-harris/

Yes, but let's remember...
by El Kabong  (2024-02-27 13:20:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...they'd be "allowed" to affect the election by staying home because the only people honor-bound to vote for Joe Biden whether they want to or not are conservatives.

Huh?
by sprack  (2024-02-27 17:12:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I don't care if you don't vote for him. Just don't vote or Trump. And you're not voting for Trump so what's the problem here?

That is not what I have said.
by wpkirish  (2024-02-27 13:48:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I have said in the past that Biden's election rested upon both moderate conservative voters not voiting for Trump but also an increase among Dems particularly AA females.

What % of Trump voters switched ot Biden in 2020? Take Georgia as an example. If you assume 15% of the Trump voters switched to Biden that means tan equal number of new Dems came out to vote for Biden that did not vote in 2016. And I am guessing the 15% number is high but more disturbung is the fact at the 15% number there were an additional 700,000 people just in Georgia who did not vote in 2016 then voted in 2020 because they wanted four more years of Trump. For every 1% increase in the voters you think made the switch ad 20,000 new Trump voters in 2020.

You and I disagree that Biden and Trump pose the same danger to America moving forward and I think that as long as people view it that way it will be difficult to win. However, if you shove the other 300,000 new 2020 voters aside the same thing is true.

That’s complete BS
by vermin05  (2024-02-27 13:31:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Every American has the duty to prevent a tyrant from getting control. If you don’t you’re just as culpable.

Transformational Joe
by Brahms  (2024-02-27 11:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Kamala is almost as dim and rudderless as he is.