Hope you understand my frustration over the last 2 years
by gregmorrissey (2024-02-26 21:48:25)

In reply to: Thanks.  posted by EricCartman

The double dip is just a preposterously insane policy. As I said a few posts ago, it would be equivalent to letting student loan borrowers take an income tax deduction on the forgiven loan amounts. No one would ever even suggest that because of how stupid it would sound.

I do find it curious that so many PPP recipients here that are pretty vocal on student loan forgiveness don't seem to have any rebuttal or acknowledgement to my posts on the double dip or the fact that $12k saved in capital gains tax in a 529 vehicle is not any different than $12k in loan forgiveness. The only difference is the timing of the benefit. Sure, one was approved by Congress and the other was an executive order, but from a financial standpoint, they are equivalent.

Also, I suppose we'll just ignore the massive government bailouts and zero interest rate policies from post-9/11 to 2009 Financial Crisis to Trump tax cuts to 2020 COVID relief that were essentially a transfer of wealth to America's investor class. It just blows my mind that some people here can be so oblivious to their misplaced selective outrage.