Who in the administration feels that way?
by sprack (2024-02-26 21:08:08)
Edited on 2024-02-26 21:29:22

In reply to: Was that the question? He asked me if there were any  posted by krudler

I sure can't see any in the Cabinet. Do you have some names?

The youth of the Democratic Party has been farther left than the party at large since time immemorial, then they get older and get out of school and find jobs.

I'm not defending the lack of pro-life elected Democrats at all. Primarily from a moral standpoint but also from a political standpoint. For the first ten years after the Roe v Wade decision there was no litmus test in either party. You even had a Republican first lady (Betty Ford) who was in favor of it publicly, and then the Carter administration stopping federal funding of abortions. In fact abortion wasn't even an issue in either the '72 or '76 elections. You had pro-life Democrats in Congress with names like Dick Gephardt and Al Gore. There was one in the Senate named Joe Biden.

In the 80's, unfortunately, and American politics ended up more and more polarized to the point of that no one with an opinion that deviates from that particular party line has a hope of getting elected and it crowds out everything else. It's been absolute poison.