Agree on your point about reactions and I try my best not to
by wpkirish (2024-02-26 19:29:36)

In reply to: I don't agree with everything you wrote, but I can respect  posted by krudler

do that although I am sure at times I have failed.

I sometimes try to drill down to what people think because I feel people often disagree with the broad strokes but when you start to drill down you often find some agreements that can be the start of agreement.

I dont remember where I heard the interview but somewhere in the last few days heard part of an interview with an author who wrote on the topic of hwo to address conspiracy theories. The point was dont just tell people they are wrong but if ask why they care about that item you can start to have a conversation about what underlies it.

I am a liberal Democrat. That does not mean I think government is the answer to every problem but I also dont believe the left to its own devices the free market will solve all problems either. Most government regs come about because of a problem the free market created. A nationally renowned bank regulatory lawyer made that point to a bunch of bankers at a conference when he said rather than complain about regs why dont you stop your competitors who were screwing their customers that led to the reg being written.

We can all say there is too much regulation but would we really want to invest in a world without the SEC or buy food or medicines from companies with no FDA to name a few items.