I have no idea. I don't use it. But it seems to rile up
by krudler (2024-02-26 19:13:37)

In reply to: What am I missing with it?  posted by mocopdx

people for some reason, which for some people is the intended outcome. I don't get it either.

it's similar to when idiots write "rethuglicans"
by ravenium  (2024-02-26 23:10:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's a dumb insult "hur hur you're not democratic".

We're better than this type of language here. "You reacted to it" is sort of a thin excuse.

I don't get it either
by El Kabong  (2024-02-27 11:23:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

In my mind, if you're a member of the Democratic party, you're a Democrat.

I've read that word in regular media for years.

Now it's an insult? It's dumb if it is, but I don't see it.

It's possible I am not articulating well, but
by ravenium  (2024-02-27 13:43:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If I didn't know you better, I'd worry you were being a touch willfully obtuse here. (I say this playfully!)

Ok, so to the basics:

- Democrats combine to form the Democratic Party, or the "Dems"

- Republicans combine to form the Republican Party, or the "GOP" (which is about whimsy folksy as one gets these days, but I digress)

I wouldn't say "Republic Party" any more than "Democrat Party". It's not the name, right?

Yet some of the pettier elements in MAGA have seen fit to use the name "Democrat Party" because in their minds it's a way of insulting them by suggesting they are not "democratic" or something. It's juvenile and stupid.

I think it's perfectly fine to name your party whatever you want. I sort of roll my eyes at the "Freedom Caucus" but I'm not going to make nicknames for them. I don't even indulge in "Gym Jordan", as much as he deserves it.

OK, now I see it
by El Kabong  (2024-02-27 15:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I agree using the phrase "Democrat Party" makes no sense, and if it's supposed to be an insult, it's an incredibly dumb one.

Would’ve have thought wrote Ohio instead of Ohio State
by Inigomontoya  (2024-02-26 19:19:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

correction The Democratic Party.

aOSU? *
by krudler  (2024-02-26 19:38:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply