Not really
by bigclumber (2024-02-26 17:43:57)

In reply to: As well he should be *  posted by sprack

Lectures take us further down the path of polarization. They make the lecturer feel good, but do nothing to change minds.

A better response (which - to this board's credit - several have offered) would be a genuine and straightforward query about what specifically Biden has done to make him more despicable than Trump.

Fair enough
by sprack  (2024-02-26 18:05:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I wish more conservatives would listen to Liz Cheney when she says (I'm paraphrasing) the country can survive bad policies in a four or even eight year administration. It can't survive dictatorship.

What I truly don't understand is people who say that they liked Trump's policies, when any other Republican from Mitt Romney to Ron DeSantis or even Ted Cruz would have gotten everything done that Trump did - from reversal of Roe v. Wade to tax cuts to you name it - and much more, including a better border policy, not needlessly pissing off our NATO allies, not putting in high tariffs that were against Republican policy since the Eisenhower administration, not releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners for absolutely nothing in return, and on and on. If he even had an honest bone in his body, the guy flat out isn't competent at anything other than self-promotion. And if he gets elected again, he's not appointing people like Rex Tillerson, John Kelly, HR McMaster or even Mike Pompeo or Bill Barr.