We’re talking about the double dip which cost me $150b
by gregmorrissey (2024-02-24 08:04:06)

In reply to: Except, the feds forced businesses to shut down.  posted by EricCartman

Like El K, I’m just waiting on my letter of thanks. At the very least, just an acknowledgment that a massive benefit was received and maybe the self awareness to not whine because the government has the audacity to confer a massive benefit on someone else this time.

There is no defense that expenses paid for by a gift from the government should have also been deductible while not having to recognize the gift as income. It was an egregious theft from the American people straight into the pockets of American business owners

Speaking of bread lines, I’d love to see stats on how many PPP-recipient businesses actually shut down during the pandemic and how many saw full year revenues down year over year. We basically just spent three years shotgunning billions, if not trillions, into American businesses in various ways. As Colonel Jessup might say “I’d rather they just said thank you and went on their way, but I don’t give a damn what they think of student loan forgiveness.”

Replies: