Hmmm. Point - Counterpoints
by dillon77 (2017-07-17 15:19:00)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Jenna Brown comments--actually her Dad  posted by RISteve

Thx Steve....These quotes struck me as interesting.

Point:

"Jenna just felt that she wasn't quite sure about Notre Dame," Matt Brown said. "She really likes Muffet [McGraw] and her staff. She did a lot of thinking about it before she decided to reopen her recruitment."

Matt Brown said his daughter is considering Virginia, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and Stanford.

Counterpoint:
- If you're not quite sure about ND, why not take another visit in, say, late August -September when the students and faculty are on campus. Square things away one way or another.

- Or is that a tad too late for the second evaluation period in later July?

- Unless there's an "also" missing from "(also) considering Virginia....," I'd say his daughter is quite sure about not attending.

- As Ted said, whether this is tied into the Peoples signing or for other reasons, if Jenna Brown does not want to be here, so be it: better to find out early so the Irish can find someone who does for the long haul.

- BTW, I think I remember reading that Peoples said she'd do whatever MM needed her to do when she came aboard. Keep that in mind for the next guard prospect.

As mentioned, next evaluation period is in late July. Look forward to whom MM, Niele and co. observe this time around.

- As for Stanford...well we know what Jenna would get from Tara and that university. GT and UVA are ACC programs on the rise where Ms. Brown could help move it another step forward. And Vandy has Steph White.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.