Katlyn Gilbert highlight video
by SBSwarm (2017-07-09 20:02:53)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Found this video in Coach McGraw's twitter feed.

Katlyn seems very skilled and composed with the ball in her hands... eyes/head up, and body under control. Imo.

Force her left. *
by PWK2  (2017-07-10 14:17:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yup. Even when she drive to the left she uses her right
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-07-11 12:32:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hand. That won't work in college. Let's hope the highlight video person has a bias that's not as bad as Katlyn's.

That shouldn't work in h.s. *
by nd67  (2017-07-13 01:05:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

looked like watching mcbride *
by dbcsmith  (2017-07-09 23:35:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Loved the intensity in the eyes, the hard focus, the stare.
by Tim Kelley  (2017-07-09 22:54:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As you say...composed.

Would love to see more muscle on her frame. Lots of contact *
by Jon  (2017-07-09 22:39:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And on the same page... Jenna Brown highlights.
by SBSwarm  (2017-07-09 20:32:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like Miss Brown has recovered nicely.

I'm guessing that this is where Coach Ivey spent the weekend... Watching Gilbert, Peoples and Brown on the same court.

Low release point. A PG can usually get away with it. *
by PWK2  (2017-07-12 20:40:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her no looks are impeccable. She is Nice! My 1st look. Thnx. *
by Jon  (2017-07-10 02:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whoa....That's a Nice Recovery....
by dillon77  (2017-07-10 15:08:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...very deft ballhandling
..deceptive change of direction both ways
- nice mid-range pull-up jump shot
- as others have mentioned, excellent passing
- like Gilbert, strong moves to the hoop on the drive, both with layups and a little bit of a one-handed jumper/quasi hook.

Very encouraging clips for both Ms. Brown and Gilbert and the cameos from Ms. Peoples. Exciting!

Skylar and KMac
by westsideirish  (2017-07-09 23:49:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While watching these videos I was struck with Jenna looking like a young right handed version of Skylar and Kaitlyn resembling a younger KMac. And I think in the first frame of Kaitlyn's video that is Anaya Peoples behind her shoulder. Add a quality 4 and 5, sit back and watch out. The possibility of Muffet's finest team.

Like her quickness. I wish these vids would show much
by Tim Kelley  (2017-07-09 23:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

more defensive play. Of course, they would be highlights anyway.

Yes, highlights fail to show their overall game play.
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-07-11 10:06:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Defensively, they did show some blocks and steals, but, as you say, they are highlights. There are, however, a few defensive "lowlights" when it's recruit vs. recruit.

Jenna sort of gets free from Anaya (5) at :25 in Jenna's video and blows by her in the next sequence. Jenna also goes by Katlyn (10) at 1:06.

Anaya gets around Jenna (11) at :14 of Anaya's video.

Besides bagging a top Big, I'd love to see ND recruits
by Tim Kelley  (2017-07-11 10:30:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

turn into a smothering defensive unit. Maybe even before the Big.

I'll second that!
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-07-11 12:02:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Muffet did talk about our defensive concerns and was contemplating not using the male practice team as much to concentrate on defense. Connecticut fans have been salivating with all the added bodies this year. They hope to provide "40 minutes of hell" for the opposition.

Thank you…for both these links.
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-07-09 21:51:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, this is Jenna recently—she's playing for Florida Central Elite. We finally get to see her on the court after last summer's injury. As you say she has recovered nicely.

Katlyn Gilbert from the tape looks to be a force. I'm still not exactly sure how you found these—Coach McGraw's twitter feed? Anyway, you're the best! Thanks again.

Ah…I can see Niele and Beth in the first row of the stands.

Addendum:
They played in Indianapolis this past weekend, so your guess was correct.
Philly Belles were also there. Danielle Cosgrove had 12 points against Jenna's team, 6 against Katlyn and Anaya's. Danielle has been shooting a lot of 3's this summer for the Belles but only at a 17% rate.
A favorite play in the Gilbert video is at 2:15 when she passes to Anaya who looks like she's been shot out of a cannon for the layup.
Jenna played in all 5 games for her team in the Indy EYBL tournament from which the video was made (July 6-8). Her team has played 10 during the spring and summer. Apparently, this was Jenna's first real game competition. Not bad after rehabbing a year, both physically and mentally.

There is another very interesting player on the
by sixtythreer  (2017-07-11 23:29:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Midwest Elite - Breanna Beal from Rock Island, IL

Let's hope Katlyn and Anaya can convince here ND's the place for her to play her college BB.

Beal Was Named Ms. Illinois as a Sophomore..
by dillon77  (2017-07-12 15:14:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...by the Chicago Tribune.

She's a highly talented 6'0" wing, for sure, who has been on the radar since she was in middle school. There's a mess of talented off-guards and wings in the Midwest and Beal may be the highest-rated of them all. It will be interesting to see what direction the coaches/players decide.
I can't help but think the recruiting of the "possible" last guard taken in 2018 might influence decisions: namely, if Christyn Williams comes, what does one do in 2019?

Actually...the video is a Coach MM "like"...
by SBSwarm  (2017-07-10 05:28:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So it showed up in "my" twitter feed. Not her feed. I get it now, I hope. You might need an account to view it.

Anyway... really scratches an itch, doesn't it?

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.