What kind of year for Kristina Nelson?
by Jon (2017-07-09 14:05:37)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

For a while McGraw was really really hyping her development. She kept using the word 'dominant' to describe her in the low block.

Now I know some of that was probably just to get in her head and build her confidence, but is there still more to come with her?

Would love to see her go out surprising the world.

Thinking the same...
by RISteve  (2017-07-09 20:02:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with Tim. Kristina's effort is terrific, but the skills and finesse are not strong. High energy, but she seems almost mechanical at times when she plays. Furthermore, she gets called for so many fouls (some appear to be phantom), due to foot speed issues and being out of position. She does play very, very hard.
I hope she has a strong season--we are going to need her immensely, especially under the boards.
Great attitude, which hopefully rubs off on the frosh. I am hoping for the best...

My guess is not too much more than what we saw last....
by Tim Kelley  (2017-07-09 18:16:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

season. I just think she has her limitations and may have come close to reaching them. On the other hand, I love her commitment, and how hard she tries to play. I hope I'm wrong about this season, but I just haven't seen any indications that would suggest a lot of significant untapped potential.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.