I’m glad FA said it.
by BabaGhanouj (2017-07-07 13:18:48)
Edited on 2017-07-07 13:36:55
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Williams would be great, but Olivia Nelson-Ododa fills a  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

What would help the most?

We lose 2 guards next year, Thompson and Johnson, one starter (either one), two 16 min/g players. We get 3 guards next year. Two, possibly 3, will be McDonald’s All Americans.

We lose 2 guards the next year, two starters. We already have 1 probable McDonald’s All American guard coming the next year.

We are fine with guards. Don’t pass up a #1 recruit if she is deemed to fit with the program, but we are good at guard with some incredible ones coming up—Kierstan Bell, Sammy Puisis, Page Bueckers (2020), to name a few.

The forward/post positions are more of a question mark. Do we lose Brianna after this year? Do we even have her for another year? We have two bigs coming in with fine credentials but not the credentials of a Brianna Turner or a Jessica Shepard. So we probably lose 3 forward/posts next year. We have 2 coming with Shepard and Cosgrove. We keep Shepard, possibly, for two years, but that is another question mark. And, when is the last time a team won the NCAA tourney without a dominant big? (It could have happened last year with UConn, but it didn’t.)

I echo FA, Olivia Nelson-Ododa would be a better catch for the team than Christyn Williams. Like FA, I would, of course, take either.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.