Irish 2017-18 All In One Place....Cooking!
by dillon77 (2017-07-06 09:58:32)
Edited on 2017-07-06 10:05:47
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Was just scrolling on the ndwbb site and came across this shot, which has -- best as my brain can ascertain -- all of the 2017-18 team in the pic.
(click on link).

A few points/questions:

- Nice to see some bonafide "bigs" standing on the left, with Danielle Patterson, Mikayla Vaughn and Jessica Shepard. Too bad Jessica probably won't be available until 2018.

- Along those lines, good to see Brianna Turner able to bend in the front row.

- If Bri and Jessica are not ready to go this fall, looks like we'll start with 9 (nine) players on the roster that I can see

- unless the blonde young woman on the far right is not a cooking teacher or manager and a talented walk-on (!).

In any case, looks like they're all getting along. Cook Irish!

Think the blonde haired person is the sports nutritionist. *
by Domer99  (2017-07-07 15:59:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree. It's Marta Scechura, Sports Nutritionist. (link)
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-07-07 17:19:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who is between Muffet and Arike? *
by drmurray  (2017-07-06 19:25:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hint: It's not Kili or Fili. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-07-06 20:20:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thompson, the transfer from Stanford *
by irishmarty  (2017-07-06 19:52:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Vaughn and Patterson look just as tall as Shepard.
by NDMike2001  (2017-07-06 10:26:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And all taller than Westbeld. That is definitely very encouraging.

MIght be camera angle...
by 2Domer  (2017-07-06 11:38:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it's one of those things where you appear taller if you are closer to the camera. I have seen a photo of Patterson and Vaughn (the two freshmen) standing side by side, and Vaughn is at least one inch taller than Patterson (I would guess 1 1/2 inches taller). In fact, her shoulders are at least one inch higher in that photo. They were the same distance from the camera, so camera angle was not an issue. I was very happy to see that height in Vaughn. I was also surprised to see that she is not as skinny as I had imagined. I doubt that she is really as tall as Shepard, but she looked like she could definitely help in the post (based on appearance, at least).

Forget trying to figure heights from that picture, but can
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-07-06 12:23:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

anyone figure out:

1) Why everyone except Mychal and Mikayla are wearing long pants and sweats? It's summer in a hot kitchen for crying out loud! Is Marta Scechura, Sports Nutritionist (thanks Domer99, FA), with the short sleeves the only one who's ever been in a kitchen before and understands cooking requires heat?

2) What the heck are all those wires hanging from the ceiling? If those are electrical plugs, what kind of crazy contraptions will be handling the food. Perhaps this kitchen is a ruse for some sort of robotic contest or physics lab that requires ubiquitous power sources.

3) Is this the first time Muffet has been in a kitchen? (Or is this really and high energy physics lab?)

4) Have we ever seen Mikayla not clothed in a stylish dress? The picture that 2Domer may be referring to had Patterson in sweats and Vaughn in a summer fashion dress with possible heals. Is she registered in ND's School of Haute Couture?

I thought Haute Couture meant wearing sweat pants. *
by 2Domer  (2017-07-06 12:37:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Haute Couture Pic
by bebo1226  (2017-07-06 17:20:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From ndwbb twitter https://twitter.com/ndwbb/status/876796417943195648https://twitter.com/ndwbb/status/876796417943195648https://twitter.com/ndwbb/status/876796417943195648

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.