Not Surprising from Irish or Wolverine Perspective
by dillon77 (2017-07-05 07:55:09)
Edited on 2017-07-05 08:22:20
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: 6'2" P Naz Hillmon ('18) verbals to Michigan. Had ND offer.  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

Thanks for posting. I've updated on the recruiting update.

While Naz had that ND offer, there never seemed to be much activity past the offer in terms of seeing/hearing Naz on campus or follow-up coaching visits (at least that we knew about).

Going forward, guessing the focus on posts/forwards will be squarely on Olivia Nelson-Ododa and Queen Egbo. If Oliva Owens was offered/is still on the radar, my guess is she'll be "on the waiting list," so to speak.

As for Naz, she was first team All-Ohio, as named by USA Today and seems to be expanding her offensive game, from what I've read. Ann Arbor looks like a good destination....Hallie Thome, another Ohio high schooler who headed north, will be a senior at Michigan during Hillmon's frosh year of college and Naz can apprentice into that center slot, or perhaps be a power-type forward to support Thome, who is a pretty proven scorer.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.