Big Year for UVA, Coach Boyle
by dillon77 (2017-07-03 09:00:29)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

One question of a wide-ranging interview with UVA Athletic Director Craig Littlepage was on the Women's Hoops team, led by Coach Joanne Boyle. Her contract is up at the 2017-18 season. As the Q states, the team has not made the NCAA in seven years (although some could argue they should've made it two of those) and she's brought in some solid players recently. But I'm guessing this is a "make or break" season for her. And if she does not get the nod, this would be a hot location for up and coming coaches.

Q: On the flip side, I think there are some of us who have been doing this for awhile, perhaps even you included, who never could have imagined Virginia going this long (seven consecutive seasons) without having been to the NCAA women’s basketball tournament. Is this a make-or-break season for Coach Boyle?

Answer: I would say it’s an important year, no doubt about it. She understands that as well as anybody. Let’s look back. In Year One I think we had a very strong case (to get in the NCAA tournament). At least in my opinion, we should have gotten in. Again, this past year, it seemed to be a controversial decision that we didn’t get in. If we had gotten in either or both of those years this would be a much different conversation. I like what Coach Boyle has done in putting a roster together that based on last year showed that it’s ready to compete at a higher level. I’m a big fan of what she has done and who she is and the way she’s gone about her work here at the University of Virginia. So let’s see what 2017-18 brings us.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.