This line from Peoples commitment
by drmurray (2017-06-23 09:52:20)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Gilbert, who is a year older than Peoples, committed to the Fighting Irish last September, and is a part of ProspectNation.com’s top-ranked 2018 recruiting class.

Is that true that PN has our class as the highest rated?

I suspect most have read this by now,
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-24 17:03:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but it is a nice article (ESPN's Dan Olson) about Anaya Peoples' commitment. She and her father/coach Keith Peoples say all the best things we could hope for.

Yes (so far) - #12 Brown, #14 Gilbert, #74 Prohaska
by NDoggie78  (2017-06-23 10:01:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Won't let me post in link box - linking to dillon77

https://prospectsnation.com/class-rankings-2018-winter-2016-17

How is Jenna Brown's knee coming along? Anybody know?
by sixtythreer  (2017-06-23 14:00:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Muffet has to be ecstatic that she has both Jenna and Anaya coming, albeit a year apart.
I know I am.

This may be worse than no answer, but I'll share
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-24 16:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the little evidence I have. Apparently, Jenna is playing ball again, but I can't confirm that. It seems Jenna switched AAU teams from Team Elite in GA to Central Florida Elite in 2017. See link picture of the team (Jenna, of course, is No. 11 in the back). She's in uniform so I assume she is playing. Any vestige (if any) of her injury is covered in the photo.

Unfortunately, Central Florida Elite has not done so well this spring. They are 2-6 having lost their last 6. I have not found a box score, so I really can't confirm she is playing or how well.

Thanks, BabaG. I would guess this is reasonably good news.
by sixtythreer  (2017-06-24 20:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it's unlikely she'd be on the team if she was unable to play. And she has time to rehab, both
this summer and during her senior year. Let's hope whoever the patron saint of basketball players with injured knees is, helps her out.

Perhaps not.
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-27 08:05:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I found some statistics, such as they are, which seem to indicate Jenna has not played, except for one game, 1 rebound (0 shots). Also, this was April. Certainly there must be someone on the board who is closer to Jenna and her rehab.

Cosgrove
by tedstheman  (2017-06-23 11:20:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And this was before Danielle Cosgrove committed, correct?

Yes - March 16 was their latest update -as far as I can tell *
by NDoggie78  (2017-06-23 12:21:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Danielle Is Listed as an ND Commit in the Player Rankings...
by dillon77  (2017-06-23 19:16:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but the school class rankings have not been updated, as you pointed out. I'm sure Chris Hansen, the managing editor, has been bouncing from tourney to camps to tourney and turning out stories on signings like our own Ms. Peoples.

He'll get there. Let's hope MM and Niele just keep giving him more reasons to write and rate. BTW, he does not include transfers in these ratings.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.