Who just committed?
by ndbutch (2017-06-22 12:08:13)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Anaya ?

This is a terrific commitment. I am pumped! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2017-06-23 11:38:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Article on Anaya's commitment (link)
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-22 14:24:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another article (link)
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-22 14:25:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her announcement tweet
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-22 14:44:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, Kaitlyn Gilbert tweeted her "Oouu she den started something 👀☘️ congrats girl 😌❤️"

Another article
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-23 11:05:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“They were a lot of factors that me and my family talked about,” Peoples said. “The main thing was going to a Christian-based university and that was important to me. Their academic excellence is top-notch and the relationship with the coaches have been amazing and it is a bond that cannot be broken already.

“Another factor is the winning tradition as they are the top three in the nation. Also, the location is not too far from home but not too close either and that was a pretty big factor.”

While Notre Dame did end up getting the commitment from Peoples, she did have other suitors with some of the best colleges teams around in Tennessee, Purdue, Connecticut and 2017 NCAA champion South Carolina.

Thx. Appreciate her reasoning....
by dillon77  (2017-06-23 13:09:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..."close but not too close." Sounds like a normal teenager there :-)

This commitment feels even better the next day. She's a person that respected rivals were after and she feels a strong bond with the coaches, already. And I get a feeling she wants to be coached....

The last two "gets" are impressive with Ms. Peoples and Jessica Shepard. Getting players like that to commit early and transfer to can send a strong sign to other potential 2018 and 2019 recruits. Hope Ms.'s Nelson-Ododa, Egbo and Williams are paying attention.

News.
by RISteve  (2017-06-22 12:45:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From ND Hoops Recruits:

WBB: 2019 Anaya Peoples, 7th in class & the top-rated PG, has committed to ND. Congrats Anaya, and props to Muffet & staff.

Anaya Peoples. PG from Illinois 2019.*
by ndbutch  (2017-06-22 12:10:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

::

Ranked #7 in 2019 by Hoopgurlz, #4 by ProspectsNation *
by Orangutan  (2017-06-22 12:28:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anaya ranked 22nd by Blue Star
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-22 13:30:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great pickup for ND! First commit for 2019.

2019 Commit Shores Up PG; Could Help 2018, As Welll
by dillon77  (2017-06-22 13:45:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As we discussed a few weeks ago....

Anaya Peoples (#7 HG, #4 PN, 22 Blue Star), is a 5’10” PG from Illinois, who played club ball with 2018 commit, Katlyn Gilbert. While there is the commitment of 2018 PG Jenna Brown, Lili Thompson is only here for one year and Ali Patberg has transferred, which translated into a definite need for a second point guard).

As FA has pointed out in numerous posts, Anaya and Katlyn not only play together but are friends. Their personal and playing relationship will continue to South Bend.

As for influencing 2018. Given this commitment, one hopes possible guards under consideration/who are considering ND will take strong notice that they'd be playing with some top-notch PGs in Jenna Brown and Anaya Peoples. (Yes, I'm thinking of Christyn Williams.)

Interesting aside and thought: Besides being fierce high school rivals, Abby Prohaska and Sammie Puisis are also AAU teammates and apparently good friends. Wonder if there could be P-squared combo in South Bend as well?

Would love Sammie Puisis! Wonder how she feels about the
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-22 14:14:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish? The article released today on ESPN about Zia Cooke (Toledo) mentions that UConn is in her top 5 but has not yet offered her. I wonder if Geno (who invited Peoples to first night) realized that she was headed to ND.

She Attended a Regular-Season Game in March...
by dillon77  (2017-06-22 16:36:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..wearing a walking cast (pretty sure MPG reported this initially).

Would love to see a Sammie P. come in just after Marina moves on (oh gosh, can't believe I just typed that :-( )

Yes, she attended a late season game. An early season
by MPG  (2017-06-22 20:03:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

visitor, Amy Dilk, committed to Michigan. She is a PG from Carmel, Indiana and generally ranked in the top 50 overall for 2018.

Dilk Was Probably Heavily Recruited by Megan Duffy,
by dillon77  (2017-06-23 06:53:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who was the guards coach/recruiter at U of M up to this year, before taking the Miami University HC position. Good luck to her up at Ann Arbor. Only saw a little tape of Dilk, but she drives aggressively to the hoop with both hands and makes some pretty adept passes.

Hope Ms. Puisis and ND are on good terms and have an interest in each other....gosh, pairing her with Peoples would be fine.

Where do they have her ranked at the PG position ? *
by Tim Kelley  (2017-06-22 13:35:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Blue Star doesn't list recruits by position, but going by
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-22 14:06:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the positions listed in Hoopgurlz, she is third behind

#13 Ashley Owusu
#14 Zia Cooke

Prospects Nation lists Jordan Horston as a PG, but she didn't look like one to me in the U16's this summer. But Horston is also listed above her at #10 by Blue Star.

Pretty bunched up. Thanks. *
by Tim Kelley  (2017-06-22 15:06:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw Niele Ivy tweet out something positive after ND's camp
by ndbutch  (2017-06-22 13:06:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was no way of knowing who it might have been about or if it was referring to more than one prospect.

Besides Visits, The Camps Are Also Going On, Right?
by dillon77  (2017-06-22 14:09:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Believe the "individual" was last weekend and the teams are coming up this weekend, so who knows who came by and/or got special attention. Great that we got Peoples! Wouldn't mind if Sammie Puisis and/or Sydney Parrish was at the camp or campus, too.

Sydney Parrish
by Orangutan  (2017-06-22 16:03:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think she was here - see link for photo with Jackie Young.

Sure Looks Like Her....
by dillon77  (2017-06-22 16:32:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..but she looks taller (and sturdier) than her listed 6'0". Who knows? Could be the camera angle. Glad to see the Jackie Young connection...could be beneficial.

Shaila Beeler is a very highly rated PG in her own right. Shame that we now have two top PGs committed in '18 and '19.

Thanks for passing along.

Yes, Beeler is ranked 23rd by Hoopgurlz, 11th by Prospects
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-06-22 16:50:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nation, and 61st by Blue Star. Shaila is listed as 5'6".

The past one was the Skills Camp.
by ndbutch  (2017-06-22 14:15:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where the prospects were divided by skill level. The others sound more like an opportunity for extra income for the assistant coaches. I don't believe they are geared towards prospects. But I'm just going on the descriptions at UND.com.

I assumed you were referring to the ND Camps.
by ndbutch  (2017-06-22 14:17:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You might have been talking about high level camps in general which are going on now. Boys and Girls.

Could Be...Was More Asking for Input...
by dillon77  (2017-06-22 16:28:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..from folks who know more about it than I. Orangutan just sent a link that showed Sydney Parris and Shaila Beeler in ND outfits that could be an unofficial visit, but could be a camp.

There were a number of options at the ND camp, so it was hard to keep track. My daughter attended Randy Waldrum's soccer camps and he had everyone from kids who just wanted to go to a soccer camp at ND to those that he wanted a focused look on.

Thanks again for the input.

Also, I believe # 1 PG by one or more services. *
by Tim Kelley  (2017-06-22 12:40:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rated #1 PG in 2019 by both Hoopgurlz, PN *
by dillon77  (2017-06-22 13:48:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is meant to be funny......
by Irishdds  (2017-06-22 15:03:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But wouldn't it be great if WBB was limited to girls six feet one inch and shorter? We would have UConn like #s. Love this pickup. Go get more bigs

To ND ? *
by Tim Kelley  (2017-06-22 12:14:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes !
by Mike  (2017-06-22 12:22:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kaboom !!

Per her Twitter (link)
by Dave Winkler  (2017-06-22 12:23:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See also UND-Sports-W Basketball -WWB team on twitter *
by sixtythreer  (2017-06-22 12:33:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Getting Anaya is like having Christmas come on June 22! Wow!

Sensational! And the top 10 recruits keep coming!
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-22 13:39:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anaya Peoples seemed like a real possibility as dillon reminded us of her close association with Katlyn Gilbert. Great news. She could almost pass for Jenna Brown's sister, both 5'10", both PG, both similar faces and smiles. Apparently Anaya is not worried about playing time. Does Coach McGraw see one as a PG and one more of a combo guard, both as combo guards, or some other plan?

See the link for some playing footage. She is crazy athletic with the ball seemingly on a string.

Like to see her shoot with the left hand occasionally. *
by PWK2  (2017-06-22 15:53:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.