Recruiting — Paige Bueckers
by BabaGhanouj (2017-06-16 10:36:35)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Since watching the FIBA Americas U16 Championships, I've been fascinated by Paige Bueckers. She is only 15, a freshman in high school last year, class of 2020, and a thistle in a wind storm, but I've not seen anyone like her. She doesn't appear strong enough to lift a basketball, let along flick it in every which way with her wrist.

If you're interested, the link below is a state tournament game against Minnetonka, where she shines. Apparently Hopkins lost in the state finals, their only defeat of the year. I'd love to see that game if it is available on the web somewhere.

Hopkins, boys and girls, is the MN state powerhouse.
by PWK2  (2017-06-16 14:56:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are longstanding complaints, on the boys side, of recruiting.

More recruiting stuff
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-16 14:27:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was done before last years trials, but it's interesting on a couple of levels if you've never seen it. Jenna Brown, our recruit for 2018, teams with Sam Brunelle and Olivia Nelson-Ododa, to talk about last year's trials. Interesting that Jenna takes the point and, more or less, runs the show. How close of a relationship does she have with the other two? (See the link.)

Here's another link to Brunelle and Indiana's Sydney Parrish, about whom dillion mentions below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvI3eV1ZlB0

Those 3 would look good with "Irish" on their uniforms
by NDoggie78  (2017-06-17 08:56:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or "Notre Dame" - not that "USA" doesn't look sweet as well (even better if they ended up with "USA" after their "Irish" careers)

Stellar Guard and athlete....
by dillon77  (2017-06-16 11:14:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before committing to hoops exclusively, she also ran track (sprints and hurdles) and it shows in her anticipation on defense, sudden burst of speed on D and unsettled situations and ability to pull away from others.

In hoops, I love her ability to play both point and off-guard (hey, she's old school!). And, like you said, she's only 15.

Unfortunately, many others are aware of her uniqueness including the folks from the Nutmeg State. Maybe you an arrange for Niele to be accompanied by Fili and Kili on multiple trips to Minnesota in the next few years.

I would personally love to see her with, say, Indiana's own Sydney Parrish in 2020. And maybe the improbably and wonderfully named Izzi Fudd can join them the following year!

She's been added to the recruiting update, along with the Queen (Egbo, that is).

I hear what you did to Ms Ivey's name. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-16 16:13:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should we compile an All Names team?
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-16 12:00:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Azzi Fudd (you and your names)
Queen Egbo
Laeticia Amihere

Maybe I can get Paige on the team if we pronounce Bueckers as Bookers

Does Brianna Turner have a sister named Paige? *
by Kayo  (2017-06-17 09:16:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your Recruits' Names...and a Few More
by dillon77  (2017-06-16 15:09:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OK, this is entirely too much fun....

BABA:
- Azzi Fudd (you and your names)
- Queen Egbo
- Laeticia Amihere

Two variations on the same theme:
- Destanni Henderson
- Destiny Philoxy

These girls have to be on the court at the same time:
- Chasity Patterson
- Honesty Scott-Grayson
- Grace Berger or Grace Stone or Grace Sarver
- Faith Masonius
- Angel Jackson

HEADLINE WRITER DREAMS:
- Jade Williams
- River Baldwin
- Diamond Miller
- Hannah Jump
- Maddie Plank

PLUS
- Chantal Horvat
- Stella Clarke (all Marlon Brando-selection)

Can't forget, the 2020 valuable, if hard to find,
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-06-16 15:55:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Treasure Hunt

Also we could put Sydney Parrish as 6th man in your all church league. There is also a Grace Berger to go with the other graces for, perhaps, for a plenary indulgence.

Diamond Battles (undoubtedly of African heritage)
Jade Rice

and just for fun:
Xaria Wiggins
Zipporah Broughton

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.