IF BT is lost for the season, this could be opportunity...
by Jon (2017-03-20 20:28:55)
Edited on 2017-03-20 20:38:04
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Force coach to hyper-develop the future core of this team which is the sophomores and the freshmen.

LA & BT are future WNBA icing on the cake, but this needs to become Marina and Jackie's team.

Lack of another big
by steelertom  (2017-03-20 22:42:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MM has done a poor job in not brining in a "capable" big over the last two years. I think it has been very obvious (for some time) the capabilities of our backups. Through no fault of their own, they are not able to provide the consistent level of performance required to play the ND schedule.

That's not an "opportunity".
by ndbutch  (2017-03-20 20:55:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they were good enough it would happen naturally. It would be a major setback if BT is out. It's a death knell for any NC hopes and probably Final 4. Let's pray that if her injury is season ending that it isn't a Natalie Achonwa multiple season type thing.

No, any loss of resource CAN be opportunity.
by Jon  (2017-03-20 21:15:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Reimer stays, is Westbeld where she's at right now? If Jewell stays, are Marina or Arike where they're at right now?

Yes, this year is in jeopardy, I'm thinking past this year.

Per merriam webster
by Radi-skull  (2017-03-20 21:57:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

favorable juncture of circumstances

Though I assume (hope) it was not intended, using the word 'opportunity' in the context as a player being injured is completely bullshit. Yes, it is an 'opportunity' for the youngsters to develop...at the cost of another players health.

Okay, well that's just garbage. Opportunity has nothing..
by Jon  (2017-03-20 22:22:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..to do with wishing what happened would have happened.

Opportunity has everything to do with accepting what has happened and looking for the open windows.

I don't wish Marina's success over Brianna's Health. Just like I wish Jewell Loyd would have stayed. Just like I wish Taya Reimer wouldn't have been a head case and was available right now. Just like I wish Walker would've chosen ND.

But none of those things happened.

What has happened is an opportunity for Muffet McGraw to break her addiction two two players.

It's a necessity not an opportunity
by 2ndstreeter  (2017-03-20 23:10:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The opportunity with Loyd staying was an NC. That opportunity was lost so necessity forced a change. The opportunity with a healthy Turner was making the final 4. If she's done then necessity forces a change that probably does not include a final 4.

Besides all that, the number of games left for ND in this tournament is not going to have as much effect as you are postulating in building some kind of core. That is done as players mature through time and over a season. Next year without Allen the team chemistry will be different and the core will have to form out of those new circumstances.

Losing Turner would suck and not be anymore of an opportunity than losing Achonwa was.

Without Turner we will be in survival mode
by 2ndstreeter  (2017-03-20 20:47:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Next year with Turner back the future core will be developed.

Arike should be in that core group, too.

Makes UConn - the end game nearly impossible this year *
by btd  (2017-03-20 23:28:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.