It's often easy to forget that Mabrey and Ogunbowale are...
by cbiebel (2017-03-20 13:04:19)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

just sophomores. They keep showing such leadership in games that we seem to forget that both are just sophomores.

Most players don't show that much leadership until at least their junior year.

Arike really embraced being part of a team in the second
by 1NDGal  (2017-03-20 16:55:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Half of the season. Yesterday included a great example -- she got a steal in last 2 minutes, ran the floor, two defenders ran her down, last second Arike passes to Jackie for an easy layup. It was perfect.

We tend to think a player always will be as she is today.
by Kayo  (2017-03-20 18:55:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That usually isn't true. Good players improve season to season. The best players improve during the season.

The rotation sophomores and freshmen have improved a lot over the course of the season. That isn't to say the upperclassmen haven't because they have, but it's more obvious for the underclassmen because they were so unrefined well into January.

Don't think it's leadership it's how to play together on a
by Domerduck  (2017-03-20 13:30:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

team that has a defined senior leader. Next year will be interesting if the tow of them can learn how to play together with a different point guard. I hope Marina doesn't have to be the point guard because it affects her shooting. I love Arike is now looking to pass more. Both keep getting better in playing in a team game but both have the one on one skills to do much themselves.

I do think they will both be even better next year, but I am still hoping for 4 more games this year.

very true Chris *
by Mike  (2017-03-20 13:13:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.