If no Bri, what's the strategy?
by sixtythreer (2017-03-20 13:00:44)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Cooper and McCoy are big, and against Kentucky, they had 29 points and 20 boards between them.

In 19 minutes Nelson gave us six boards and two steals, but two turnovrs and four fouls.

What do you all suggest?

Let the 3's rain *
by ibleedgreen  (2017-03-20 18:02:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

need to play team ball like previous teams
by brnd  (2017-03-20 14:54:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This team hasn't been consistent in that area.
May need to go small at times and hope to rebound while playing zone.
Young needs to step up like she did last night.

Ask Brey to
by JSDomer  (2017-03-20 13:46:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

teach them smallball. Wonder how Bonzie would look with a wig...

He would score 80 againsr UConn with a wig and wearing
by supernd  (2017-03-20 15:42:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nelson's uniform. Theyll never know.

I see one option....pray *
by Domerduck  (2017-03-20 13:31:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not many good options
by Kayo  (2017-03-20 13:18:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We discussed who was irreplaceable a week or two ago. As good as Lindsey Allen is, Mabrey has emerged as a solid alternative. Not as good at the point as Allen, but smart enough and talented enough to do well.

There is no such replacement for Turner. Westbeld is an excellent high post complement to Turner in the low post, and Boley has begun to do good things from the high post too; but neither is better than average, if even that, as a low post player.

I would go with four around one if Turner can't play. Start Jackie Young and go full time Princeton offense... Ball to the high post. Lots of screens and cutting. Make Boley the first sub, and pick spots to use Nelson in short stints.

totally agree however
by Mike  (2017-03-20 15:22:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We are focusing on offense. I think the biggest problem will be defending. I don't see how we defend Ohio State without BT. Ohio State has probably one of the most dynamic guards in the nation. I think they have underachieved this year but will be a very difficult match up. Will have to shoot the lights out and play our best game of the year on defense to have a chance.

Which is why I focused on offense.
by Kayo  (2017-03-20 18:48:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Defense options aren't good, so maximize the offense.

Exactly right.
by SorinBasement  (2017-03-20 15:29:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bri's an excellent offensive player, but she's arguably the best defender in the country. We've got a lot of offensive firepower, but she cannot be replaced on defense.

We will miss her 5+ blocks per game. She is worth 24+
by 1NDGal  (2017-03-20 16:56:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Points every game (she scores 14+, keeps 10+ off the board).

Basically, what ND did against UConn last year *
by cbiebel  (2017-03-20 13:20:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can we beat Ohio State with that offense? *
by TWO  (2017-03-20 15:09:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very slim *
by Mike  (2017-03-20 15:13:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and he's on the bus to Texas *
by ram  (2017-03-20 15:22:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Erin Boley needs more playing time
by 65DOMER  (2017-03-20 13:16:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think she played in the second half. She played 7 minutes in the first half and scored 7 points. We won't go far if we depend on Nelson, in my opinion.

Erin needs to improve defensively-
by fbirish  (2017-03-20 13:23:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Opposing coaches will exploit her.

You can run simple pin down stuff and get high quality shots.

She has to move her feet to defend college players at this level.

You are right
by Irishhugo  (2017-03-20 14:36:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know Erin is young but she does not read or anticipate the opponents offense well. Without Bri behind her, I think she will be exploited and overmatched.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.