Hoping for the Best for Brianna and her family...
by dillon77 (2017-03-20 07:40:01)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

...in regards to her left knee and the upcoming MRI. She's worked so hard in regards to her shoulder and overall game and sincerely hope for the best.

Cross your fingers, think good thoughts and keep the faith.

Not an Expert, but
by INDYIRISHMAN  (2017-03-20 11:16:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having a lot of experience with knee problems, my observation was she seemed to walk naturally without wincing after the game. My guess is a slight sprain and the decision to hold her out was one of caution and thinking ahead. Again not an expert, just an observation and opinion. I just hope I am right.

Hoping for the best and that you're right
by TommyZ  (2017-03-20 18:15:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

however, each injury and reaction is different. What you described happened to one of my players at a game 2 years ago. After the game she walked to the bus and said she was fine when we got back to school. The next day our trainer recommended she get an MRI done. Came back as a complete tear of ACL.

But, again, certainly hoping for the best.

I live in CT and saw ACL's in the UCONN WBB team
by TerryND83  (2017-03-20 16:55:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of them ended up screaming in pain when they broke their ACL just like Anchonwa did. And they needed assistance to get off the floor. Brianna was able to slowly walk off the floor. I could not see pain in her face when she sat on the bench. I bet she had a knee brace under her warm up pants.

In a game I watched a few years ago, there was a WBB player on a team I can't remember. She broke her ACL but she did not feel the severe pain that other WBB felt when they broke their ACL. She finished playing the game, I think, but her knee started to feel wobbly towards the end of the game. After the game they did an MRI and found the ACL had broken.

It's very possible Brianna strained or sprained her knee. She landed awkwardly and could have stressed the side knee ligaments more than the ACL. It's amazing how intricate and vulnerable our bodies are.

Heart goes out to Bri and her fam. She was in pain.
by Goirish01  (2017-03-20 08:18:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It looked terrible on TV. Praying for Bri and her family.

I'm just stunned right now. I feel terrible for
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-03-20 08:05:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brianna especially, but for the team as well. Our team seems a little snake bit. This reminds me so much of Natalie's injury that it hurts. Let's hope for the best and think positive thoughts, like how tough Brianna was on the bench. It was difficult to detect that anything was wrong. So let's hope there isn't.

Where is Mr. Miyagi when you need him?
by Cavanaugh82  (2017-03-20 07:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brianna has already proven how tough she is. Everyone is hoping she will be able to play but I also hope that there will not be any pressure to play and put herself at risk for additional injury.

I have no fear anyone will pressure her to play injured
by btd  (2017-03-20 23:42:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The knee either is or isn't injured. If it is injured there is no way ND will play her knowing it is injured. Maybe she will be like Big Ben and have some kind of injury she can safely play with next week for example. Of course even better if it isn't injured at all and she plays this week.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.